Saturday, May 3, 2008

Off to Munich

Well I know that I said I wasn't going to write anything before we got to Munich, but I couldn't help myself! I didn't get much sleep last night because I am very excited and probably a bit still not believing this is happening! I am so excited about representing my adoptive country that I am just about jumping out of my skin!

We had a fantastic team dinner with the entire crew, coach David and his wife Rosemary, the TA double John (along with his partner) and Kat and Lisa's dad. We went to a place called OSSO, very nice, but a bit pricey, but I figured we deserved it!

One thing that has stuck in my brain, something that Adam said to us the other day was that we can only control ourselves and do what we have to do. We can't control any outside influences such as weather, water, other teams or even our own teammates. We just have to do what we know we can do as individuals.

When I do my speaking for the MS Society I often ask people: “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” I think this is a really important question because if we all lived our lives thinking and believing that we would never fail just imagine what we would actually accomplish and what our world would be like. I am going into this race knowing that we cannot fail!

2 comments:

Tina K said...

Hi Carol,
I am reading your amazing progress with a great deal of enthusiasm and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds for you all.
I am sure you will be nothing short of brilliant. Bring home the gold!
Go you good thing!!
Keep the photos coming too. They are great to see. Thanks for your instalments.
Tina Kemp. X

Tina said...

You live every day as if you will not fail. You are a credit to the human race, an inspiration, and I am so excited for you and the realisation of your life long dream.
I look forward to watching (got it in my diary and alarm on my phone) and hearing all the prep work.

xxx
Tina