Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Goals

I have had just over a week to think about our race, not qualifying for Beijing and thinking about what my goals will be for the next year. I was going to take a couple of weeks off and I was doing well until tonight!

I don't feel good if I am not working out. I have literally done nothing for the last week or so. But today I received a phone call about a crew who needed an 8th person for the Masters Nationals at the end of May. I really don't know how to say No! So with 4 of us from Yarra Yarra Rowing Club and 4 from Richmond Rowing Club, we headed out for our first training session.

We didn't do a whole lot but we rowed really well. I am one of the youngest on the team, which is certainly a different feeling. I am usually the oldest!

I was in Canberra yesterday taking part in filmig for a training video for classifying adaptive rowers. It was a long day but interesting and if it will help in the adaptive rowing area, then I am all for it.

The LTA camp that we were going to go on the first week of June has now been cancelled because we didn't have enough rowers able to attend. As most of us have to work full time to support ourselves it was impossible for some of the them to get time off. This is something that has to be looked at so that people are advised well in advance so they can get the time off.

I am now not rowing until Saturday which will give me a few days more off.
I have decided that I will work my butt off for the next year and hopefully make the team for the World Championships in 2009. Along the way there are a few things to do, such as the Australian Masters Rowing championships, the Australian Indoor Rowing Championships and Head of the Yarra.

I look forward to keeping you up to date on the progress of my goals!

1 comment:

spiritualblonde said...

Hi Carol, my name is Kris, I'm Pete's ex girlfriend..he gave me your site to check out your blog...I just wanted to say I enjoyed the journey you took me on, and it was good to 'visually'
see Pete doing what he loves, actually doing what you all love. Your sister is right...it's not the destination, it is the journey, although we realise after all that hard work you guys put into it, winning would of put the 'icing on the cake'...But cake can be eaten on its own...and it doesn't always need the icing;) And in 'no' way did you guys let 'us'down..on the contrary you showed many of us what it is to have a 'goal' and do something about it, you should all be proud of yourself. Sorry we didn't get to meet, as Pete talks 'highly' of you...and remember, when one door closes, it only leaves space for another to open.
Take care
Kris