Friday, April 25, 2008

2 Days Until Camp

With one day left to train with the girls at Yarra Yarra Rowing Club, I am getting more excited about next week. I received my Australian Team Handbook yesterday and it brought it all home that I am actually part of one of the best teams in the world! That is certainly something to live up to! It is great to think that athletes with a disability are included in the same team as "Able" bodied athletes. This doesn't happen in a number of other sports.

I spoke to Pete yesterday, one of my teammates and everything he talked about was "when we qualify the boat for Beijing". It is great that we are both thinking the same way. I think it is really important to believe in ourselves and our abilities and just give it our all.

As I said I have one more training session tomorrow morning with our squad at Yarra Yarra. We had a great session on Thursday night and I am hoping that it will carry over to tomorrow morning. The girls and coaches have been a great help to me and hopefully when we come back and have to train for Beijing, they will be willing to continue.

I leave Melbourne on Sunday to head up to Penrith with our training camp to start on Monday. I am looking forward to getting the team back together for a good week of training.

No comments: