Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Half Way There!

The third day of camp dawned very chilly but turned into a beautiful sunny day. Out on the water for the first session was very misty and was very serene.
Our session was supposed to be a steady state row but we ended up doing some stepped pieces. By the end of them my body had, had enough. We have been doing two sessions a day and I am used to basically one session a day with something else such as a swim, gym or ergo.

Everyone in the crew knew that I was hurting and when we got to the landing I didn't have to tell David our coach how sore I was because I had a hard time getting out of the boat. Needless to say I spent the next 30 minutes stretching and was then invited back to John McLean's house. John is a TA rower (trunck and arms) and has a hot tub in his backyard. I spent 30 minutes in the hot tub stretching. Not feeling too bad at this point a few of us went to the Blue Mountains for lunch.

Upon my return to the caravan park I met with David and it was decided that I would go for a swim instead of a row. Brandie was going to have a run, Lisa wanted to jump on an erg and the guys would head out in the pair.

I was directed to the Penrith Swimming Pool. What a wonderful pool, actually reminded me of Fitzroy pool. Needless to say my brain is always thinking Mega Swim and while swimming decided it would be a perfect pool for one of them! I had a great swim and grabbed a taxi back to the caravan park.

I am cooking dinner again tonight for everyone, we are having lasagne. This is my last night to cook! So last time the guys have to clean up.

Tomorrow is a big day as we have a critical time trial to do in the afternoon, so the rest this afternoon will do me good.

No comments: